Demonstrate commitment to tangata whenuatanga and Te Tiriti o Waitangi partnership in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- This links to the old standard 3. Bi-cultural practices, 9. Diversity
- This links to the old standard 12. Inquiry, 4. Professional Learning,
Establish and maintain professional relationships and behaviours focused on the learning and wellbeing of each learner.
- This links to the old standard 1. Professional relationships
Develop a culture that is focused on learning, and is characterised by respect, inclusion, empathy, collaboration and safety.
- This links to the old standard 7. Learning Environment,
Design learning based on curriculum and pedagogical knowledge, assessment information and an understanding of each learner’s strengths, interests, needs, identities, languages and cultures.
- This links to the old standards 11. Assessment, 6. Planning, 8 Akonga
Teach and respond to learners in a knowledgeable and adaptive way to progress their learning at an appropriate depth and pace.
- This links to the old standard 8. Akonga, 9. Diversity