Tuesday 14 April 2020

Locked down and mind overwhelmed

Thought I'd just jump on here briefly before signing off for the night.

We are week 3 in the COVID 19 lockdown in NZ. I was contented to have the first 2 weeks a home. Finally a school holidays for me - the first since September 2019. To Stop and refuel my body with down time was great.

Once it was officially week 2 of lockdown I started to switch back into work mode and with that came the screaming urge to soak in all I can about my new lifestyle choice in ECE. Fuelled with the endless opportunities to engage in free webinars (thanks to all the providers offering these) I haven't stopped absorbing information for about 7 day now at my computer for about 8 hours a day - my mind is spinning.


  • Reading about leadership styles and motivating people in an ebook
  • hitting a few webinars at the Conscious Collective
  • signing up to transforming behaviour online conference
  • watching facebook live play based learning at home with Little Kiwis Nature Play
  • researching insurance claims and how to work out eligibility for wage subsidies
  • A great little quick read article on teachers intervening in play - will write more on this as follow up to last post.
  • Educa seminars on anything from Rituals to Learning stories and plenty more of interest
  • Researching philosophy and how to design one.

The list goes on - no wonder my head is overwhelmed. 
It is time to sit down and pick a focus, to stop trying to know everything right now and let some knowledge unfold at a later date. To believe and to trust that my team have knowledge, I don't have to hold the knowledge of everything.
So where will my focus be... 
What is important in the next week the next month, the aprez lockdown....


No comments:

Post a Comment